Change log for all Fologram products, including Fologram for Hololens, Fologram for Mobile and Fologram for Rhino & Grasshopper.
Log is organised in a descending fashion, with newest logs at the top
2020.1 Fologram Rebuild
Release includes updates for Fologram for HoloLens, Fologram for Mobile and Fologram for Rhino and Grasshopper.
2020.1 is a Major release and introduces breaking changes. Grasshopper definitions built with earlier releases of Fologram will not be compatible with 2020.1 or subsequent releases, and contains the following features, changes and updates:
New Platform Support:
- HoloLens 2
- ARCore compatible Android devices
- ARKit compatible iOS devices
- Public C#.net API
- Diagnostics tools (display document table, display network log)
- In-app contact forms
- Added support for moving and scaling geometry using hand gestures
- Added support for moving scene with orthographic and planar constraints
- Document table (geometry, layers, text, materials) can be saved to a device and loaded without requiring a connection to Rhino
- Added soft restart feature
- Added support for short hand rays for modelling applications
- Added Layers slate for editing Rhino layer table on device
- Added Parameters slate for editing Grasshopper parameters (sliders, buttons, toggles and value lists) on device
- Generate Fologram QR codes with positional data using the FologramQR command
- Automatically correct model drift using two or more positionally encoded QR codes
- Native support for streaming curve geometry from Rhino and Grasshopper
- Stream and interact with grasshopper parameter components to mixed reality devices using the Sync UI component
- Stream and interact with grasshopper geometry using the Sync component
- Stream device table in grasshopper
- HoloLens UI: Replaced Gaze interaction with Hand Rays
- HoloLens UI: Added support for near field interaction
- HoloLens UI: Replaced radial menu with slates to include descriptive text of menu items
- HoloLens UI: Added support for transformable menu slates
- HoloLens / Mobile UI: Added contextual notifications (snacks)
- Rhino UI: Simplified plugin panel
- Grasshopper: Removed infrequently used input and output parameters on tracking components
- Grasshopper: Added event filters to tracking components
- Grasshopper: Removed dependence on timers for all tracking components
- Track Hands component outputs 25 feature points per hand for HoloLens 2 devices
- Track Hands component outputs multitouch rays for mobile devices
- Track Scan component outputs detected surfaces by mobile devices
- Tracking Aruco Markers and QR codes supported on mobile devices
- Backface rendering on by default
- Removed support for shared experiences using Spatial Anchors (shared experiences are created using QR placement)
- Removed support for Fologram Image Target (replaced with QR codes)
2019.1.1 - Grasshopper Flow Control
This release focuses on making Grasshopper more suited for custom live applications - adding features to assist in flow control.
State Gate Component
Uses a list of filters (or true false values) to activate and/or deactivate different parts of the document. Useful for creating applications that have multiple ‘modes’.
Global Variable Components
Pass data around the document without thinking about what you’re connected to. The receiving component will update when clicked, or when the component it’s connected to updates. When Dynamic Update is enabled via right click, it will update whenever it’s input changes.
A counter that increments by one every time it updates.
A simple component that switches between True and False every time it updates. Useful for creating on/off buttons.
Live Display for Component Updates
Visually see which parts of the definition update when you make a change, or see what’s updating when timers are connected
See through the canvas to save some screen real-estate.
Disable Redraw and FPS counter
Skip showing the preview in Rhino to optimize performance on devices. Crucial when working with NURBS geometry - when things start to run slow in the viewport. FPS display lets you keep track of the actual time between solver updates. This is useful when you want to understand the performance of definitions that are constantly update (in response to external inputs)
Dynamic Typing for Transforms
All Fologram components that output a Transform can now be directly converted into basic types,
- Transform | Point : Transforms a point to the location specified in the transform
- Transform | Vector : Creates a vector to the location specified in the transform
- Transform | Plane : Transforms a Plane to the location and orientation specified in the transform
- Transform | Number : Provides the XYZ scale specified in the transform.
- Transform | Transform : Provides the full transform including Location, Orientation and Scale
- Transform | Matrix : Provides the transform as a Matrix
- (WIP) Components now work when clustered. There are still a few idiosyncrasies around this so use with caution.
- Track Clicks now accepts multiple object filters
- Track Clicks will now accept either all clicks, clicks that only hit geometry, or clicks that do not hit geometry.
- Toggle Trigger reliability has improved.
- Send Transforms now data-matches between a list of transforms and a list of IDs.
2018.12.2 - iOS Release
Initial release for Fologram for Mobile running on iOS devices that support ARKit. This includes iPhone 6S and above, iPad Pro, and iPad 2017 and newer.
2018.12.2 - Sun and Transform support
Added support for the Rhino sun in Fologram. Changes are automatically synchronized. Any change to the document sun will affect connected users.
Added support for the ‘Send Transform’ component in Grasshopper.
Faster connection sequence.
Minor bug fixes.
Geometry from Grasshopper is loaded approximately 30% faster.
2018.12.1 - Android Major Update
Major update to Fologram for Android - featuring a new UI-system, in-app help and many under-the-hood optimizations.
2018.10.1 - Computer Vision
You can now track QR codes and Aruco markers spatially and in real-time through Grasshopper.
Check out these articles to get started:
You can now select a specific network adapter to use for Fologram. This is useful when running multiple concurrent networks - for example when interfacing with other hardware that requires Ethernet. You can also change the port that Fologram communicates on, which is useful if your organisation has specific restrictions over port ranges.
Grasshopper components that track HoloLens information can now switch between being automatically updated when new data is received and being prompted to update via timer.
The toggle trigger component can now execute at a delay. Useful if you want to provide feedback to a user when a button is pressed.
Handling of switching Grasshopper documents has been improved.
Text tags now have a more consistent orientation towards the user.
Track Trackers component has been deprecated. Use Track Aruco Cubes instead.
2018.8.3 - Floating Licensing
Floating licensing via Fologram accounts, utilizing the new dashboard. Share licenses across multiple devices. See which devices have been used on your account, and when they were last used. Manage payment information and view invoices online. Check out licenses for use offline.
2018.6.0 - Minor RS4 updates
Fix:(Rhino) Minor updates for RS4 compatibility. Updated schema.
Fix: (Rhino) Update the MRC link to match the new address for RS4 device portal
2018.6.0 - Better Synchronization
Fixed an issue where anchor synchronizing would fail due to the HoloLens RS4 Update. Compatible client plugins will be prompted to update.
2018.5.3 - Easier installation
Fix: (Rhino) Network permissions check now ignores disabled firewalls
2018.5.3 - Present Mode
Added ‘Present’ mode, which makes it take longer to open the primary menu. Useful for demonstrations.
2018.5.2 - New grasshopper components, better state management
Feature: (Grasshopper) Added toggle trigger component
Feature: (Grasshopper) Added text router component
Fix: (Grasshopper) Closing the non-active document now deletes inactive objects
Fix: (Grasshopper) Switching grasshopper canvases now removes display of inactive objects
Fix: (Grasshopper) Closing the non-active document now deletes inactive objects
Fix: (Grasshopper) Removing filter from track clicks now returns to tracking all as normal
2018.5.1 - Reflections and performance improvements
Specular materials now have reflections as well as gloss. Environment is a generic skymap.
Normals on high resolution large meshes display better
Improved performance on large (singular) meshes
2018.5.0 - Grasshopper UX improvements
Feature: (Grasshopper) 3D Model of the HoloLens is now built-in rather than as a user object
Improvement: (GH Utilities) Mesh Pipe now uses Tolerance rather than number of segments to determine the division amount for curves.
Fix: (Rhino) Device synchronization stability improvements.
Fix: (Grasshopper) Send Text Tag previews now show in the correct orientations and do not throw errors for nulls
Fix: (Grasshopper) Track Clicks will now force the document to expire, rather than expiring only if it’s ready
Fix: (Grasshopper) Track Clicks will now correctly report Rhino object GUIDs even when All Clicks is turned on.
Fix: (GH Utilities) Mesh Pipe component should not cause errors with null geometry
2018.5.0 - New Menu
Menu is now gestural instead of gaze. Use your hand to select select items!
Added ‘Move’ command to drag the model around (renamed the Place with Gaze command to ‘Place’)
A ‘Gesture Coach’ will now provide instructions on how to perform the basic HoloLens gestures for each command
Drag tracking is now always turned on. No need to go into ‘Manipulate’
Image tracking commands are moved in to the ‘track’ section of the menu
Drag to Scale command now accepts both up-down and left-right gestures.
2018.4.1 - Grasshopper component improvements
Fix: (Grasshopper) Send meshes components will not cause errors when inputs are null
Fix: (Grasshopper Utilities) Mesh pipe component now uses Tolerance instead of Segments for curve conversion
Fix: (Grasshopper) Track 3D Scan component will now always cause the definition to expire again, even if there is a computation in progress
Improvement (Grasshopper) Track markers, devices, and hands now have a ‘prompt’ input
2018.4.0 - Easier installation
Feature: Easier initial setup with the Fologram Network Utility, which checks the network configuration when the Fologram command is actioned.
Feature: (Grasshopper) Send Meshes and Send Tags now preview in the Rhino viewport
Improvement: (Grasshopper) Minor clarification/renaming of items
Improvement: Sleep should now be prevented whilst the server is connected