Devices connected to a Fologram session can be live tracked in 3D space with by connecting a ‘Connected Devices’ component to Fologram’s ‘Track Device’ component.
Different types of data from the tracked device can be captured from the same output. The output can be converted into the following types:
- A Mesh preview of the device being tracked will appear as a preview in Rhino at the device’s current location. The mesh appears as either a HoloLens or Mobile depending on the device connected.
- A Point location can be used to determine the precise location of a device in 3D space.
- A Plane data container can show the precise location and orientation of a device in 3D space
- A Vector data container gives information on the direction the device is currently facing/pointing
Controlling when a device is tracked
The ‘Track Device’ component has a series of options that can be used to control when the device tracking information is captured. Right click on the ‘Track Device’ component name/icon to change when the device is tracked.
- Manual - when a user manually updates the component (ie with a grasshopper timer)
- Always (Default) - the device is always tracked when the component is enabled
- OnPress - The device is tracked only when the tap/press gesture is enabled on a device
- OnDragStart - The device is tracked only then a Drag state is started
- OnDrag - The device is tracked only then a Drag state is in motion
- OnHold - The device is tracked only then a Hold state is captured
- OnRelease - The device is tracked only then a Release state is captured
This example file takes and connected devices in a session and tracks them with a 'Track Device component. It converts the device’s data into Planes, Points, Meshes and Vectors and is set to a state of Always tracking.
1.11 Track Device.gh (3.6 KB)