Device portal allows you to manage your device over WiFi or USB. Common uses of the device portal are to:
- Live-stream video to a computer or projector
- Access and download saved images and video from the device
- Manually set calibration data (IPD) without re-running the calibration app
To access the device portal, a few steps must be taken, which are outlined in further detail below
- Enabling developer mode
- Accessing the device portal from a browser
- Creating credentials
Enabling Developer Mode and Device Portal
- On your HoloLens, place the Settings tile
- Select Update and Security
- Select the For Developers option in the side bar
- Turn on Developer Mode
- Scroll down and enable Device Portal
- Click the Remove icon in the corner of the Settings tile to save and exit
Accessing the Device Portal
You can access the device portal through either Fologram for Rhino3D, or via a web browser.
via Fologram for Rhino3D:
- Connect your headset to Fologram.
- Click on the device icon, where you will need to enter your credentials (see note below on credentials):
via Internet Browser
- Ensure that your HoloLens and computer are connected to the same WiFi network
- On your HoloLens, check your IPV4 Address. You can find this under:
Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Advanced Options
- In an internet browser, type the IPV4 address and press enter
- Depending on your browser, you will receive a different prompt to proceed with the connection. In Edge, click on Details, then Go to Webpage. In Chrome, click on Advanced, then Proceed. See notes below on accepting security certificates.
When accessing device portal for the first time, you will be asked to create credentials
It is important that you remember these credentials as you may be required to reset the device if they are lost. Also consider creating credentials that can be shared with other users of the device, so that they too can share their experiences.
- On your computer, after completing the “Accessing the Device Portal”, request a pin from your device. It will be shown on the HoloLens
- Enter the pin, and set your username and password
- Click Pair
- Log in with your credentials on your computer.
Configuring common options
If you are only using your device in secure locations, you may wish to consider disabling SSL security, which will simply avoid a certificate error when connecting to your device. Alternatively, you can download and install the security certificate