Fologram motion tracking - increase the number of planes being recorded per millisecond

Hi there! Happy Friday! :slight_smile:

I downloaded Fologram on my phone and used it to track motion of the device, to obtain data of my movement that I will later be visualizing in Rhino with Grasshopper. However, I wonder if there is a way to increase the number of planes being recorded per millisecond while tracking? Is it possible to change the setting for motion recording?

Thanks so much!

Kind regards,
Mengyu

Hi Mengyu,
This isn’t something that’s changeable on device at the moment. Could you tell me a little more about what you’re hoping to achieve?

For visualization purposes, you could record the positions and interpolate between them for a smooth animation.

Cheers

Hi Cam,

Thanks so much for the reply! I have another question: do you perhaps know how to only track the orientation of 1 device in fologram whilst using the other to view? We are trying to use one device to record another but keep getting both sets of planes. We have fologram on both devices, they both connect fine, but we cannot figure out how to only track one. Thanks!

Warmly,
Mengyu

Hey @Mengyu

Try using a list item component to select only one of the devices that is output from the Connected Devices component, then plugging this into the Device input of your Track Markers component.