Constant use of the HoloLens will drain the battery in 2.5-3 hours depending on application requirements. Working with your headset connected to mains power also means being tethered to a wall which can prohibit some fabrication tasks. Here are a few things to consider when planning for tasks that require all-day use of the HoloLens.
- Use a pocket phone charger and keep your HoloLens plugged in at all times. This will draw power from the battery and will double the use time of your headset.
- Remember to put your HoloLens to sleep whenever it is not in use.
- Remember to charge your HoloLens (and your battery pack if using one) during any down time.
- Use the charger that comes with your Headset. This has higher amps than a typical phone charger and reduces charging time.
- Plan for down time during charging. Charging your headset can take ~2 hours.