New Laptop specifications support

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of purchasing a laptop and would like to know your recommendations on what would be the ideal specifications for using Fologram, Rhino and Grasshopper, possibly AutoDesk Inventor. Ideally this would meet the challenges of using this software over the next two to three years at a 2.5K-3.5K price-point

Best Regards
Anthony

Hi @anthony
Fologram doesn’t have any particular technical requirements above what’s required for Rhino and Grasshopper. I’m not familiar with the requirements for Autodesk Inventor.

The main things to consider would be how you use Grasshopper, and whether quick solution computation is an important factor.

Generally 2.5-3.5K is enough for quite a good laptop, though desktops will always outperform by a long way due to relaxed requirements for heat dissipation. Personally I use the XPS line of laptops for mobile use and a desktop when at the office.

Cheers

Hi Cam,

Thank you for the reply, that is really useful information regarding GH+Rhino+Fologram.
I will do a bit more research into my Inventor requirements and also the XPS series.
Thank you so much again!

Anthony