Showing and hiding geometry in Grasshopper

I’ve placed some Sync Object components in Grasshopper and connected my geometry. Is it possible to show/hide these components using parameters in the iOS app like the way you can show/hide Rhino layers?

I was hoping that turning preview on/off of the Sync Objects with MetaHopper’s Show/Hide Object Preview component and exposing the toggles to Fologram would do the trick but unfortunately doesn’t affect the model on the iOS device.

The solution seems to be to enable/disable the Sync Objects. Using MetaHopper’s Enable/Disable Object component and syncing the toggles you can control the visibility from the device.

Hi @cricket, welcome to the Fologram Communtiy forum. With regards to your question, you can turn parts of your Grasshopper definition off easily with Fologram’s State Gate component. The State Gate component can be used in conjunction with any synchronised Number Slider, Button, Boolean Toggle or Value List, which means you can control visibility directly from your device in the Parameters menu.

Here’s an example of a State Gate setup in action with a Value List:

The State Gate component disables or enables components (or groups of components) based on it’s current input. So in this example, ‘Box’ is selected in the Value List, and this enables the Box geometry in grasshopper, whilst disabling all other outputs.

You can read about how it works in more detail here: https://community.fologram.com/t/beginner-state-gate/

Another way to hide/show Sync Object components is just in the Layers tab - a Grasshopper Layer will appear in Fologram and you can toggle geometries on/off just as easily.

Let me know if that solves your issue!

Thanks for that @Sean. Sync Objects showing up as layers in the smartphone app was what I was looking for.

1 Like